We crafted one of our custom bench cushions to fit the top of an IKEA Kallax shelf and transformed it into a bench seat with storage (who doesn't love a good IKEA hack?). We used our new high performance, stain-proof, Austin, Putty fabric—a southwest-inspired fabric with beautiful embroidery.
This premium 2.5" thick foam seat cushion will fit the Kallax shelf exactly and
the removable cover will zip off for easy clean-up (see the care instructions below). It also fits the West Elm Emmerson bench, making a great dining bench option.
Already have this shelf or plan on buying it to use as a bench for your front entry or family room? Just add the cushion to your cart, allow us to make it in-house (made to order, allow for 2 weeks manufacturing time) and sit on your hands while you wait for your new foam cushion and cover to arrive in the mail (or choose the "Pick Up" option in the checkout process if you're local).
If you want a foam bench cushion in a different size or fabric that's no problem, you can easily get a custom quote here.
Please note: this listing is for the foam bench cushion only, we do not sell the Kallax shelf.
Size: 57.5" x 15.5" x 2.5"
Made in Canada
- 100% Olefin (Austin, Putty, High Performance fabric)
- YKK zipper (concealed, on back side)
- Fabric is the same on all sides so it's able to be flipped/reversed
- All inside seams are serged/reinforced for durability
- Designed and made to order in-house at Tonic Living
Care Instructions: Spot clean with soap and water OR very careful machine washing (delicate cycle, cold water and detergent, let air dry). No ironing or hot dryer—this fabric does not like heat. For tougher stains (think red wine and permanent markers!) spot clean with ordinary bleach and water (1:1 ratio), scrub gently to prevent "fuzzing,” lay flat and let air dry. Dry cleaning is NOT recommended; high-performance fabrics can be damaged by solvents used in the dry cleaning process.
- More Info: Our High Performance fabric collection is a remarkably durable, stain resistant line that allows life to happen around you without the anxiety of stains resulting from a good time! Because Olefin is inherently stain resistant and does not absorb water, it is not treated with any additional stain resistant coatings or finishes. You can remove the toughest stains including red wine, coffee and even Sharpie marker!